COVID-19 INFORMATION FOR GUESTS
Updated: 24th March 16:13hrs
Temporary Closure of Stubbers Adventure Centre
Following the latest update from the Prime Minister last night and additional guidance from our local health authority, we have taken the decision to temporarily close our Centre with immediate effect.
The safety and well being of our guests and staff is our priority and we feel that this decision supports the government recommendations.
If you are due to visit March – June, we will be sending you an email outlining the options available to you. For groups and individuals visiting from July onwards, we are ever hopeful that it will be business as usual but will continue to monitor and adhere to Government guidance.
Due to the large volume of calls and emails, our response time is delayed and so we kindly ask that you wait for us to contact you.
We recognise that this will be disappointing news for many of our guests and we would like to thank you for your patience and understanding in these exceptional circumstances.
Post: 17th March 15:40hrs
Following the update announced by the Prime Minister yesterday evening, Stubbers Adventure Centre will be open as normal. We will continue to closely monitor the COVID-19 outbreak and following the advice provided by the Government. If you have booked a trip with us in the near future, we look forward to seeing you then. Please feel free to contact us via email if you should require further information regarding your booking – [email protected]
Post: Friday 13th March 13:30hrs
To download our current Covid-19 Coronavirus risk assessment please click here.
At present, the advice from the government regards day and residential trips to leisure facilities within this country has not changed, so our business is operating as normal and standard terms and conditions on bookings continue to apply. We will of course continue to monitor the situation but in the meantime, here are some of the control measures being implemented at Stubbers Adventure Centre, which will also be in place for you:
- As standard when briefing groups on arrival Stubbers staff ask visitors to disclose if they feel unwell at any time. Staff will be briefed on symptoms that might raise concerns regarding coronavirus and the individual isolated in the Access Caravan or nominated space pending evaluation. Symptoms for concern include a cough, shortness of breath, a high temperature (average body temperature is 37˚C/99˚F).
- Warning notices have been put around centre giving advice on how to avoid cross contamination.
- Hand wash stations are on site but we recommend that visitors bring their own antibacterial hand gel.
- We are thoroughly cleaning surfaces in changing rooms, toilets and group shelters daily. Accommodation on changeover days using anti-bacterial multi-purpose surface cleaner.
- Where possible equipment will be wiped down with Anti-bacterial products after each use.
- Outsourced caterers have provided risk assessment and actions in response to risk related to cross contamination from their employees attending Stubbers.
- Between activities there is a 15 minute break which will allow groups to wash their hands.
- 3rd March Government advisors indicated absenteeism at a possible 1 in 5 employees thus effecting ability of the centre to guarantee group sizes up to 10 adventurers to one instructor. In that event the centre will run group sizes up to 1 instructor to 12 adventurers.
- Stubbers may not be able to deliver some activities on a client published programme due to lack of qualified staff or instructor to adventurer ratios compromising safety operation or value for money. Alternatives will be offered and may require assistance from group leaders.
If you are planning on visiting Stubbers Adventure Centre from an area that has been directly affected by the Coronavirus AND if any of your group are showing symptoms similar to those associated with the virus (for example: fever, cough, breathlessness), we politely ask that those individuals do not visit Stubbers Adventure Centre. Please then contact Stubbers Adventure Centre regarding your booking via email – [email protected].
In the event that the Government advice changes. We will be in contact.
We hope you understand the need to remain flexible during this evolving situation but we look forward to seeing you as planned and thank you for your understanding.
Post: Thursday 5th March 17:18hrs
As with many businesses, we are actively monitoring the situation with regards the outbreak of Covid-19 Coronavirus and are regularly monitoring guidance issued by our local health authority. The advice from the health authorities has not changed, so our business is operating as normal and standard terms and conditions on bookings continue to apply.
The safety and well-being of our guests and staff is our priority and we will take all necessary precautions to ensure their continued welfare. As such, and in line with general public health guidance, we have implemented enhanced cleaning regimes throughout Stubbers Adventure Centre and increased the availability of hand sanitation products, and we ask all guests to observe good hygiene practices during their stay with us. For further guidance on Covid-19 and good hygiene practices visit: http://nhs.uk/coronavirus
If you are planning on visiting Stubbers Adventure Centre from an area that has been directly affected by the Coronavirus AND if you are showing symptoms similar to those associated with the virus (for example: fever, cough, breathlessness), we please politely ask that you do not visit Stubbers Adventure Centre and instead call the NHS 111 for advice. Please then contact Stubbers Adventure Centre regarding your booking via email – [email protected].