Take to the lake and get sailing
The boating lake at Stubbers water activity centre is ideal for safe learning and fun sailing – whether you’re a newcomer to sailing, or a salty old sea dog! You and your family will be able to get to grips with sailing your craft under the guidance and the watchful eye of our experienced instructors.
We have a large fleet of vessels available that offers a boat for all abilities. There are “Picos” for excitement and speed, “Omegas” for that bigger boat experience. For those with learning or access difficulties we have specially adapted keelboats called “Access 303s” and a hoist to make sure sailors of all abilities can get in and out of the craft and join in the fun.
Keen to get the kids sailing? Call us to discuss sailing courses for children on 01708 224753 (9am-5pm) or visit our dedicated contact page.
- Time – allow up to 90 minutes for this activity
- Participants must be aged 5 ½ years+
- Maximum weight – 18 stones (114kg)
- Don’t bring the bling! – all jewellery, including piercings, must be removed for this activity
- Children under 18 – must have a Medical & Risk declaration form signed by their legal parent/guardian before being allowed to participate. This will be emailed to you with your booking
- Children under 16 – must be under direct parent/guardian supervision
- Enclosed Footwear – open toe, open back or “croc” type shoes are not permitted for this activity
- All participants will wear a flotation devices – please inform us if you are not confident in water.