Pile in and paddle on with Open Canoeing
Open and accessible – and that’s just the boat! Families love the excitement of taking to the water together in our open canoes. Unlike a Kayak, where you sit in an opening in the closed deck, a canoe has an open hull and you use a single-bladed paddle in a kneeling position. The technique is easier to pick up for younger children, so it’s ideal for families, with paddlers of mixed ages and abilities all getting involved.
The canoes are really stable, and easy to get in and out of, so get your family into teams of two and hit the lakes!
Think this is the perfect activity for your next day out? Plan your adventure today by calling us on 01708 224753 (9am-5pm) or visit our dedicated contact page.
- Time – allow up to 90 minutes for this activity
- Ages – 5 1/2 years+
- Maximum weight – 18 stones (114kg)
- Don’t bring the bling! – all jewellery, including piercings, must be removed for this activity
- Children under 18 – must have a Medical & Risk declaration form signed by their legal parent/guardian before being allowed to participate. This will be emailed to you with your booking
- Children under 16 – must be under direct parent/guardian supervision
- Enclosed Footwear – open toe, open back or “croc” type shoes are not permitted for this activity
- All participants will wear a flotation devices – please inform us if you are not confident in water.