Stubbers Adventure Centre can confirm that a group leader of a youth group staying at the centre has sustained multiple burns last night after a gas camp stove he was operating caught fire. First Responders were on site at the time of the incident so were able to provide immediate medical care until the emergency services arrived.
The camp stove, part of the camping kit brought to the centre by the youth group, is thought to have developed a leak and caught fire although this will need clarification by the emergency services. The priority now is to ensure the injured man and his family receives the best support while also caring for the young people who witnessed the incident.
The injured man is now in hospital receiving treatment for burns and is expected to make a full recovery. His family has been notified and no other people were injured.
Stubbers Adventure Centre staff will continue to provide every support possible to those involved and would like to thank the emergency services for their exceptionally swift response.